Kanasuta Ski Resort is a ski area located in the province of Quebec in Canada. The resort is in the town of Rouyn-Noranda, QC.
Kanasuta is not a part of any nationwide lift pass system. Passes such as Epic, IKON, or Mountain Collective allow pass holders to ski at multiple mountians with a single purchase. Unfortunately, none of those passes with with Kanasuta Ski Resort.
Kanasuta Ski Resort Terrain Overview
Kanasuta has a total of 12 ski trails, which are serviced by 2 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. Kanasuta is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 117 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 47 hectares, 0 square miles, or 0 square kilometers.
Kanasuta Ski Resort Elevation
Kanasuta Ski Resort has a summit elevation of 1,591 feet, or 485 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 1,109 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 482 feet (147 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
Kanasuta has a very low summit elevation. The summit of this park is one of the smaller ones in the country.
Kanasuta Ski Resort Difficulty Level
35.1out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiiable Area by Difficulty Level
Kanasuta has 117 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Kanasuta is mostly a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 41% of its trails as easy. However, it also has its fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 59%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Kanasuta Ski Resort good for beginners?
Kanasuta can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 59% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Kanasuta Ski Resort Location
Kanasuta Ski Resort is located in the province of Quebec, Canada. This ski area is nearby the town of Rouyn-Noranda, QC.
Rouyn-Noranda, QC J0Z 1 Canada
View on Google Maps
Getting to Kanasuta Ski Resort
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Kanasuta Ski Resort), its coordinates of 48.17500, -79.40300 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Rouyn-Noranda, QC to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A medium-sized airport has scheduled regional airline service. This type of airport may or may not accept international flights. Here are the closest medium-sized airport(s) to Kanasuta.
|Rouyn Noranda Airport||YUY||Rouyn-Noranda, QC||42 km|
|Val-d'Or Airport||YVO||Val-d'Or, QC||121 km|
|Timmins/Victor M. Power||YTS||Timmins, ON||152 km|
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Kanasuta Ski Resort, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Kanasuta Ski Resort.
|Tri Town Ski and Snowboard Village||West Timiskaming District, ON||1,105 ft||24%||91 km|
|Val-d'Or||, QC||1,168 ft||0%||119 km|
|Mont Vidéo||Barraute, QC||1,509 ft||42%||123 km|
Kanasuta Ski Resort Mountain Stats
|Summit Elevation||1,591 ft|
|Base Elevation||1,109 ft|
|Vertical Drop||482 ft|
(41% Beginner, 20% Intermediate, 39% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||N/A inches|