Boston Mills is a ski area located in the state of Ohio in USA. The resort is in the town of Peninsula, OH.
Boston Mills is a part of the Epic Ski Pass network. This allows you to buy one season pass, and ski at most of the Vail owned and operated slopes with it throughout the year. There are a handful of types of Epic lift ticket passes available, ranging from 3-7 days, to season-long.
There are numerous options to stay at Boston Mills around the resort. Check out the available options with the form below.
Boston Mills Terrain Overview
Boston Mills has a total of 6 ski trails, which are serviced by 8 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. Boston Mills is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 38 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 15 hectares, 0.1 square miles, or 0.2 square kilometers.
Boston Mills's slopes see on average 52 inches (1.3 meters) of snowfall a year.
Boston Mills Elevation
Boston Mills has a summit elevation of 885 feet, or 270 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 656 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 229 feet (70 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
Boston Mills has a very low summit elevation. The summit of this park is one of the smaller ones in the country.
Boston Mills Difficulty Level
45out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiable Terrain by Difficulty Level
Boston Mills has 38 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Boston Mills is a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 17% of its trails as easy. However, it also has a fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 83%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Boston Mills good for beginners?
Boston Mills can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 83% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Boston Mills Location
Boston Mills is located in the state of Ohio, USA. This ski area is nearest the town of Peninsula, OH.
Peninsula, OH 44264 USA
View on Google Maps
Getting to Boston Mills
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Boston Mills), its coordinates of 41.26500, -81.56500 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Peninsula, OH to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A large airport has scheduled major airline service with millions of passengers per year. This type of airport always accepts international flights. Here are the closest large airport(s) to Boston Mills.
|Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
|Pittsburgh International Airport
|John Glenn Columbus International Airport
A medium-sized airport has scheduled regional airline service. This type of airport may or may not accept international flights. Here are the closest medium-sized airport(s) to Boston Mills.
|Akron Canton Regional Airport
|Erie International Tom Ridge Field
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Boston Mills, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Boston Mills.
Boston Mills Mountain Stats
(17% Beginner, 33% Intermediate, 50% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall