Eaglecrest Ski Resort is a ski area located in the state of Alaska in USA. The resort is in the town of Juneau, AK.
We recently ranked all of Alaska's ski resorts, so you can see where Eaglecrest stacks up against all its nearby ski hills!
Eaglecrest is a part of the INDY Ski Pass system. This allows you to buy one lift pass, and ski at all of the slopes that are also a part of the group.
Eaglecrest is a part of the Powder Alliance pass network. This pass allows you to buy a season ticket at your home slope, then be able to use it to ski up to three free days at the rest of the participating resorts.
There are numerous options to stay at Eaglecrest around the resort. Check out the available options with the form below.
Eaglecrest Mountain Resort Terrain Overview
Eaglecrest has a total of 31 ski trails, which are serviced by 4 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. With 640 acres, Eaglecrest Ski Resort has a moderate amount of skiiable terrain available for skiers. This area is equivalent to 259 hectares, 1.0 square miles, or 2.6 square kilometers.
Eaglecrest's slopes see on average 320 inches (8.1 meters) of snowfall a year. That is almost 26 feet every year!
Eaglecrest Ski Resort Elevation
Eaglecrest Ski Resort has a summit elevation of 2,600 feet, or 792 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 1,200 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 1,400 feet (427 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
Eaglecrest's summit elevation is about average. There are a lot of ski slopes that are quite a bit higher, but also many that are much, much smaller.
Eaglecrest Ski Resort Difficulty Level
52.1out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiable Terrain by Difficulty Level
Eaglecrest has 640 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Eaglecrest is a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 20% of its trails as easy. However, it also has a fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 80%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Eaglecrest Ski Resort good for beginners?
Eaglecrest can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 80% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Eaglecrest Ski Resort Location
Eaglecrest Ski Resort is located in the state of Alaska, USA. This ski area is nearest the town of Juneau, AK.
Juneau, AK 99801 USA
View on Google Maps
Getting to Eaglecrest Mountain Resort
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Eaglecrest Ski Resort), its coordinates of 58.30000, -134.55000 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Juneau, AK to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A medium-sized airport has scheduled regional airline service. This type of airport may or may not accept international flights. Here are the closest medium-sized airport(s) to Eaglecrest.
|Juneau International Airport
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Eaglecrest Ski Resort, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Eaglecrest Ski Resort.
Eaglecrest Ski Resort Mountain Stats
(20% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 40% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall