Meadowlark Ski Resort is a ski area located in the state of Wyoming in USA. The resort is in the town of Ten Sleep, WY.
Meadowlark is not a part of any nationwide lift pass system. Passes such as Epic, IKON, or Mountain Collective allow pass holders to ski at multiple mountians with a single purchase. Unfortunately, none of those passes with with Meadowlark Ski Resort.
Meadowlark Ski Resort Terrain Overview
Meadowlark has a total of 14 ski trails, which are serviced by 3 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. Meadowlark is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 160 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 65 hectares, 0 square miles, or 1 square kilometers.
Meadowlark Ski Resort Elevation
Meadowlark Ski Resort has a summit elevation of 9,400 feet, or 2,865 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 8,300 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 1,100 feet (335 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
The summit of 9,400 feet makes this ski resort one of the highest in the country. The average ski slope summit is around 4,000 feet, so this is extremely high compared to its peers.
Meadowlark Ski Resort Difficulty Level
40.7out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiiable Area by Difficulty Level
Meadowlark has 160 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Meadowlark is mostly a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 30% of its trails as easy. However, it also has its fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 70%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Meadowlark Ski Resort good for beginners?
Meadowlark can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 70% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Meadowlark Ski Resort Location
Meadowlark Ski Resort is located in the state of Wyoming, USA. This ski area is nearby the town of Ten Sleep, WY.
Ten Sleep, WY 82442 USA
View on Google Maps
Getting to Meadowlark Ski Resort
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Meadowlark Ski Resort), its coordinates of 44.20400, -107.24200 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Ten Sleep, WY to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A medium-sized airport has scheduled regional airline service. This type of airport may or may not accept international flights. Here are the closest medium-sized airport(s) to Meadowlark.
|Sheridan County Airport||SHR||Sheridan, WY||41 mi|
|Gillette Campbell County Airport||GCC||Gillette, WY||85 mi|
|Casper-Natrona County International Airport||CPR||Casper, WY||98 mi|
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Meadowlark Ski Resort, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Meadowlark Ski Resort.
|Antelope Butte Mountain||Shell, WY||9,400 ft||45%||31 mi|
Meadowlark Ski Resort Mountain Stats
|Summit Elevation||9,400 ft|
|Base Elevation||8,300 ft|
|Vertical Drop||1,100 ft|
(30% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 30% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||N/A inches|