White Hills Resort is a ski area located in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in Canada. The resort is in the town of Clarenville, NL.
White Hills Resort is not a part of any nationwide lift pass system. Passes such as Epic, IKON, or Mountain Collective allow pass holders to ski at multiple mountians with a single purchase. Unfortunately, none of those passes with with White Hills Resort.
White Hills Resort Lodging:
White Hills Resort Terrain Overview
White Hills Resort has a total of 27 ski trails, which are serviced by 2 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. White Hills Resort is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 55 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 22 hectares, 0 square miles, or 0 square kilometers.
White Hills Resort Elevation
White Hills Resort has a summit elevation of 1,227 feet, or 374 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 482 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 745 feet (227 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
White Hills Resort has a very low summit elevation. The summit of this park is one of the smaller ones in the country.
White Hills Resort Difficulty Level
48.2out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiiable Area by Difficulty Level
White Hills Resort has 55 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.White Hills Resort is mostly a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 12% of its trails as easy. However, it also has its fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 88%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is White Hills Resort good for beginners?
White Hills Resort can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 88% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
White Hills Resort Location
White Hills Resort is located in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. This ski area is nearby the town of Clarenville, NL.
Clarenville, NL A5A Canada
View on Google Maps
Getting to White Hills Resort
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (White Hills Resort), its coordinates of 48.16300, -54.04600 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Clarenville, NL to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A large airport has scheduled major airline service with millions of passengers per year. This type of airport always accepts international flights. Here are the closest large airport(s) to White Hills Resort.
|St. John's International Airport||YYT||St. John's, NL||114 km|
A medium-sized airport has scheduled regional airline service. This type of airport may or may not accept international flights. Here are the closest medium-sized airport(s) to White Hills Resort.
|Gander International Airport||YQX||Gander, NL||94 km|
|Deer Lake Airport||YDF||Deer Lake, NL||272 km|
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to White Hills Resort, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of White Hills Resort.
White Hills Resort Mountain Stats
|Summit Elevation||1,227 ft|
|Base Elevation||482 ft|
|Vertical Drop||745 ft|
(12% Beginner, 42% Intermediate, 46% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||N/A inches|