Mt. Aurora Ski Land is a ski area located in the state of Alaska in USA. The resort is in the town of Fairbanks, AK.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land is not a part of any nationwide lift pass system. Passes such as Epic, IKON, or Mountain Collective allow pass holders to ski at multiple mountians with a single purchase. Unfortunately, none of those passes with with Mt. Aurora Ski Land.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Lodging:
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Terrain Overview
Mt. Aurora Ski Land has a total of 40 ski trails, which are serviced by 3 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. Mt. Aurora Ski Land is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 100 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 40 hectares, 0 square miles, or 0 square kilometers.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Elevation
Mt. Aurora Ski Land has a summit elevation of 2,435 feet, or 742 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 1,408 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 1,027 feet (313 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land has a very low summit elevation. The summit of this park is one of the smaller ones in the country.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Difficulty Level
46.6out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiiable Area by Difficulty Level
Mt. Aurora Ski Land has 100 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Mt. Aurora Ski Land is mostly a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 20% of its trails as easy. However, it also has its fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 80%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Mt. Aurora Ski Land good for beginners?
Mt. Aurora Ski Land can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 80% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Location
Mt. Aurora Ski Land is located in the state of Alaska, USA. This ski area is nearby the town of Fairbanks, AK.
Fairbanks, AK 99712 USA
View on Google Maps
Getting to Mt. Aurora Ski Land
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Mt. Aurora Ski Land), its coordinates of 65.04600, -147.40900 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Fairbanks, AK to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A large airport has scheduled major airline service with millions of passengers per year. This type of airport always accepts international flights. Here are the closest large airport(s) to Mt. Aurora Ski Land.
|Fairbanks International Airport||FAI||Fairbanks, AK||21 mi|
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Mt. Aurora Ski Land, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Mt. Aurora Ski Land.
|Moose Mountain||Fairbanks, AK||1,987 ft||43%||18 mi|
Mt. Aurora Ski Land Mountain Stats
|Summit Elevation||2,435 ft|
|Base Elevation||1,408 ft|
|Vertical Drop||1,027 ft|
(20% Beginner, 40% Intermediate, 40% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||N/A inches|