Moose Mountain Ski Resort is a ski area located in the state of Alaska in USA. The resort is in the town of Fairbanks, AK.
Moose Mountain is not a part of any nationwide lift ticket system. Passes such as Epic, IKON, or Mountain Collective allow pass holders to ski at multiple mountians with a single purchase. Unfortunately, none of those passes with with Moose Mountain Ski Resort. To purchase season passes, you'll need to visit Moose Mountain's website.
There are numerous options to stay at Moose Mountain around the resort. Check out the available options with the form below.
Moose Mountain Mountain Resort Terrain Overview
Moose Mountain has a total of 35 ski trails, which are serviced by 14 ski lifts, gondolas and/or trams. Moose Mountain is considered a smaller than average ski area, with only a maximum of 200 acres available to ski. This area is equivalent to 81 hectares, 0.3 square miles, or 0.8 square kilometers.
Moose Mountain Ski Resort Elevation
Moose Mountain Ski Resort has a summit elevation of 1,987 feet, or 606 meters. However, not all of that elevation is able to be skied. The base of the ski slope sits at 680 feet above sea level, creating a ski hill that is 1,307 feet (398 meters) high. This is referred to as the slope's vertical drop - or a measure of how high the skiable hill is.
Moose Mountain has a very low summit elevation. The summit of this park is one of the smaller ones in the country.
Moose Mountain Ski Resort Difficulty Level
42.8out of 100
DID YOU KNOW?
At Parks & Trips, we've created a proprietary Difficulty Score that attempts to show how difficult a particular ski slope is. We get to this number by combining a number of metrics for each resort and comparing them to its peers. Most of the score is based off the amount of easy-intermediate-expert slopes by acreage and the maximum vertical drop of the overall resort, but also includes a few lesser-used metrics as well.
Our algorithm compares each resort’s metrics with all others in North America, then assigns each a Difficulty Score, which we use to rank them accordingly. Resorts with a lower score are easier to ski than those with a higher one. However, a high score does not mean that the resort does not have any easy slopes, or vice versa. This is just an overall score given to the resort based on all its metrics grouped together.
Skiable Terrain by Difficulty Level
Moose Mountain has 200 total skiable acres, which can be broken down into the three main groups of difficulty: Beginner, Intermediate, and Expert.Moose Mountain is mostly a beginner-friendly ski area, with about 15% of its trails as easy. However, it also has its fair share of more difficult runs - which account for the remaining 85%.
Beginner trails (identified by a green circle) are the easiest trails on the hill with a gradual 25% or less gradient, and are usually wide to accommodate beginner skiers.
Intermediate trails (identified by a blue square) are usually the most popular and crowded runs, which have a slope of anywhere between 25-40%.
Expert trails (identified by a black diamond... or two) are the hardest slopes on the mountain, and have very steep gradients over 40%.
Is Moose Mountain Ski Resort good for beginners?
Moose Mountain can be beginner-friendly, depending on the runs you take. While it ranks in the lower half of all North American ski areas in terms of overall difficulty, it still has 85% of its trails rated at or above intermediate.
Moose Mountain Ski Resort Location
Moose Mountain Ski Resort is located in the state of Alaska, USA. This ski area is nearest the town of Fairbanks, AK.
Fairbanks, AK 99709 USA
View on Google Maps
Getting to Moose Mountain Mountain Resort
By Car: If you are driving, you would set your GPS to either the ski resort's name (Moose Mountain Ski Resort), its coordinates of 64.92000, -147.94000 (latitude, longitude), or simply drive towards the town of Fairbanks, AK to get close.
By Air: If you are coming in from across the country, then you may need to board an airplane to get here.
A large airport has scheduled major airline service with millions of passengers per year. This type of airport always accepts international flights. Here are the closest large airport(s) to Moose Mountain Ski Resort.
|Fairbanks International Airport||FAI||Fairbanks, AK||8 mi|
There may also be much smaller regional airports next to Moose Mountain Ski Resort, but we didn't list them here due to the fact that no major airlines go through them.
Other Nearby Ski Resorts
Skiers will - especially if coming from far away - try and visit a couple different slopes all in the same trip. Here are the closest other ski slopes within 100 miles of Moose Mountain Ski Resort.
|Mt. Aurora Ski Land||Fairbanks, AK||2,435 ft||46%||18 mi|
Moose Mountain Ski Resort Mountain Stats
|Summit Elevation||1,987 ft|
|Base Elevation||680 ft|
|Vertical Drop||1,307 ft|
(15% Beginner, 65% Intermediate, 20% Expert)
|Avg. Annual Snowfall||N/A inches|