By our count, there are 15 resorts within range of Bozeman, MT. Some are much, much closer than others, as you’d expect, so we break them down by distance. All the distances listed here are from the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport [BZN], presumably since this is where just about everyone will be flying into.
Bozeman Airport is known as the gateway airport for some of the greatest recreation areas in the country. It is the preferred airport for the Yellowstone and Grand Teton National Parks, and it transforms itself into a ski hub for those looking to ski the impressive northern Wyoming and southwest Montana resorts.
A fairly small airport, Bozeman boasts quite the lineup of air carriers. Delta, Southwest, United, American… they all fly in and out of Bozeman International multiple times a day. So while the airport is smaller than most international ones, finding a flight into southern Montana should be fairly easy.
Which Ski Resort Is Best For You?
Of course, this is a loaded question, as everyone can have different opinions on what constitutes the “best ski resort” for you. Here are some of the best ski resorts near Bozeman, based on a variety of factors:
|Best for Experts||Big Sky|
|Best for Beginners||Teton Pass|
|Best for Apres-Ski Activities||Jackson Hole|
|Best for Families||Grand Targhee|
|Least Crowded Big Resort||Red Lodge|
|Most Budget-Friendly||Great Divide|
|Most Luxurious||Jackson Hole|
Map of Ski Resorts Near Bozeman, MT
There are only two ski resorts within an hour’s drive of Bozeman. Bridger Bowl is the closest, but Big Sky is the most popular. There are three more within 2 hours away, and the rest range anywhere from 2.5 to 5.5 hours away.
1. Bridger Bowl: Bozeman, MT (25 miles away)
2. Big Sky Resort: Big Sky, MT (52 miles)
3. Great Divide Ski Area: Marysville, MT (114 miles)
4. Showdown Mountain: Neihart, MT (119 miles)
5. Discovery Basin Ski Area: Granite County, MT (123 miles)
6. Maverick Mountain: Polaris, MT (149 miles)
7. Red Lodge Mountain: Red Lodge, MT (156 miles)
8. Lost Trail Ski Area: Sula, MT (178 miles)
9. Grand Targhee Resort: Alta, WY (195 miles)
10. Kelly Canyon Resort: Ririe, ID (197 miles)
11. Snowbowl: Missoula, MT (207 miles)
A better airport to fly into if visiting here would be Missoula International [MSO].